Best Shot Photo Competition
Could you have the next Best Shot hiding in your photo archive or waiting for you to turn up with your camera?
Every quarter, one photographer wins our Veld & Flora Best Shot photo competition with their photos featured in the Veld & Flora magazine and here on the BotSoc website. Enjoy this gallery featuring all our past winners – and then enter your own photo. Entry guidelines are below.
Voted best of the Best Shots
Congratulations to Joan Freislich for getting the most votes as the BEST of our 𝘝𝘦𝘭𝘥 & 𝘍𝘭𝘰𝘳𝘢 Best Shot competition winners! And a warm round of applause to those who took part in the competition and voted.
Here are our Best Shot photo competition guidelines:
- Only BotSoc members may enter photographs for consideration as Best Shot. Please include your membership number with your entry.
- To enter, send your Best Shot entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org, using ‘Best Shot submission’ as your subject line.
- Your photograph’s main subject must be a plant, part(s) of a plant or plant habitat.
- Photographs of insects, birds, reptiles, mammals and people will be considered only if shown clearly interacting with a plant or plants.
- People in a photograph must be identified by name and give their written agreement to publication in print and online.
- Any photograph submitted must be in jpeg image format and high resolution (absolute minimum 500kb), attached as a file (please do not embed in the body of your email) or sent by wetransfer.com.
- Supply details of when (month and year) and where (general locality), the photograph was taken. Provide the correct plant identification if you can.
- Anyone submitting a photograph to Best Shot agrees to the Botanical Society publishing it in print and online.
- Happy shooting!
Monday to Friday 08h30 to 16h00. Closed on weekends and public holidays.
T +27 (0) 21 797 2090
Or contact us by sending a Whatsapp message to +27 65 922 6163 during our office hours.